Friday, April 24, 2009

I've got some mighty fine pillows,

if I do say so myself. So let's put the chickens on hold for a minute. I just finished these pillow covers made from recycled wool sweaters. I washed and felted the sweaters, cut them into appropriate shapes, and sewed 'em up. (And that's the short version of THAT story.) Most of the squares are merino wool; some are cashmere if I didn't have the right color in merino.

Here are the backsides. See the stripe on the left one? I put that in because I have a natural feeling for what is going to look awesome. Ha!! Actually, I put it in because the main colors were not quite wide enough; they needed just a leeeeeetle more fabric. The other pillow has a zipper closure, with a cool zipper pull shaped like a pine cone. That zipper is also recycled from ANOTHER sweater...

Earth day, fools!

No comments: