Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do the hustle!

Here is Uh-Oh Chicken, dancing her little heart out (PLEASE excuse my chicken-training outfit):

Look at her go! She's dancing so fast she's blurry! OK, so you and I know that she is just turning in a circle to the right. But I'm telling her she's dancing.

Though it's as exciting as ever (...) to practice clicker training on a chicken, we haven't done it in a while. Training took a hiatus while I went out to California last week. Then, when I got home again, I did something so distressing to my back that I couldn't bend over to pick up a chicken for a couple days. But now I'm better, and yesterday I went out to see what Uh-Oh Chicken remembered. We reviewed the entire shaping process, and I leveled off my criteria at 'turning halfway around.' But with a few more sessions she'll be turning and turning in the widening gyre. (...or is that falcons?)

No comments: