Sometimes, you just have to make a stuffed chicken. I had some yellow fabric so I decided I would make an Orpington. I had big plans for making this chicken's tail, face, and cute little feet.
Things turned out...okay. I made up the pattern, and the first chicken that resulted from my made-up pattern was kind of long and skinny. (I have yet to design a pattern where the first product isn't longer and skinner than I thought it would be, even though I really try to draw the pattern very fat.) I am happy with the cute little feet, and fairly happy with the tail. The smile is kind of a problem though: from some angles it is cute and from some angles it is unsettling, like if the Mona Lisa had a chicken. Perhaps I should stick with OUTRAGE and its friend contentment.